INFOGRAPHIC: Which are China's most liberal and most conservative provinces?

Do you live in China's Red Little Book Belt or are you an East Coast Liberal Elite?

by Ryan Kilpatrick, 14 April 2015

INFOGRAPHIC: The invisible line that divides 94% of China's people from the other 6%

The Heihe-Tengchong line is an imaginary line that divides China diagonally into two from Heilongjiang down to Yunnan

by Ryan Kilpatrick, 13 August 2014

China Chronicles: British Taiwan - the colony that could have been

Before Taiwan became Japanese, it almost became British...

by Ryan Kilpatrick, 12 May 2015

Facing charges after defending himself from racist attack, African student seeks support in Chongqing

After striking a single blow to defend himself and his girlfriend, African postgrad's life has become 'a living hell.'

by Ryan Kilpatrick, 15 May 2015

Manufacturers switch 'Made in China' for 'Made in PRC' in bid to boost sales abroad

Acronyms are China's latest weapon to confound Japanese shoppers.

by Ryan Kilpatrick, 08 January 2015

Explainer: Why You Get 1 RMB Coins in Shanghai But Bills in Beijing

Ever wonder why you always get one yuan, five mao and one mao coins in Shanghai but in Beijing you get bills instead?

by Ryan Kilpatrick, 12 October 2014

Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen, Guangzhou: This is what your subway networks will look like in 2020

Take a look at the future of public transportation in China's biggest cities.

by Ryan Kilpatrick, 13 March 2015

In Case You Missed It…

We're on WeChat!

Scan our QR Code at right or follow us at thatsonline for events, guides, giveaways and much more!

7 Days in China With thatsmags.com

Weekly updates to your email inbox every Wednesday

Subscribe

Download previous issues

Never miss an issue of That's Magazines!

Visit the archives