Want to give your restaurant, live music venue, cafe or bar some well-deserved publicity? Making a listing on our site takes just eight simple steps; plus, once it's done, you can start putting the word out about parties and more on our events calendars for Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Tianjin and Suzhou. (Here's how.)
Once your listing has been approved, it'll be searchable on both our website and app. And as always, posting venues (and events) is free of charge. We list the following types of venues in our directory: Restaurants, Bars & Clubs, Arts & Entertainment, Community, Health & Beauty, Education, Shopping, Sports & Recreation, Real Estate, Business and Travel.
Check out our step-by-step guide for making a venue listing below, followed by a helpful bilingual graphic and some key FAQs.
How to Upload Listings from Thatsmags.com
1. Visit our website (https://www.thatsmags.com). Make sure the location you want to add isn't already in our Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Tianjin or Suzhou directory – you wouldn't want a duplicate, would you?
2. Click 'Sign Up' in the top right-hand corner to register your own Thatsmags.com account. Alternatively, click here.
3. Fill in essential account information details, like email and phone number, and register.
4. After you're logged in, click on the 'Welcome [your name here]' in the top right hand corner to access the Thatsmags.com User Center. You can also click here.
5. From the User Center, select 'Add a Venue.'
6. Fill in the asterisked fields. The more information you can supply, the better. For maximum accuracy, double check the Chinese address against Baidu Maps or Dianping, and always include an English or Chinese name that's searchable online.
8. Don't forget to include your contact information. Then hit 'Submit' at the very bottom.
After submitting, it will generally take around three working days to get a venue approved and listed on our website and app.* Once that's done, you're ready to start uploading events that take place at that venue!
* We have the right to monitor submissions, and submitting your venue does not guarantee that it will be posted. As such, we reserve the right to reject submissions.
Website giving you trouble? Read on.
FAQ & Troubleshooting
Why can't I upload my photo into the venue listing?
If your photo is over 500 KB, you'll need to resize it (see above for helpful links). We suggest 350 KB a picture so that people won't have to use up too much data on their phones to view them, but you do you.
I already submitted my venue. Why don't I see it online yet?
Our editorial team reviews all venue submissions before they go up online. Once you submit your venue, it will generally take around three working days to get it approved and listed on our website and app. As soon as your venue has been approved, you will receive an email notification informing you that it has been published.
That's holds the right to monitor submissions, and posting your venue does not guarantee that it will be published. As such, we may reject submissions.
To make sure your listing is up to standard, we suggest that you always include a specific address that can be pinpointed on a map, as well as plenty of details about the venue, before hitting 'submit.'
Don't see your question answered here? You can always contact us if you encounter any problems.
[Cover image via Mgmoscatello]