Attention all PRD-based Instagram junkies: including today, you now only have 10 days left to submit your best shots for our 2017 Smartphone Photography Contest!
Have a passion for photographing every plate of food in front of you? Is your Instagram feed littered with artsy photos of exotic destinations? Is your smartphone camera the lens through which you see the world? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then scan your phone’s photo gallery, select your best shots since February 17, 2017 and send them to email@example.com!
Winners will be announced at our 2017 Smartphone Photography Awards Ceremony in April and published in our May issue of That’s PRD.
The deadline for all submissions is Friday March 24, 2017 at 6pm (China Standard Time). Finalists will be notified soon after and invited to attend the awards ceremony in mid-April.
While we can’t give away too much just yet about the awards ceremony, we can tell you we have some spectacular prizes courtesy of our yet-to-be-announced exclusive smartphone sponsor! (Check back tomorrow when we will unveil our mystery sponsor.)
Scroll down for information:
1. Email your best photos (up to three) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Smartphone Photography Contest 2017’ before Friday March 24, 2017 at 6pm (China Standard Time).
2. Tell us your name, cell phone number and city of residence (must be in Guangdong province).
3. Tell us which category you would like each of your photos to be entered in.
Rules & Specifications:
1. Submissions made after Friday March 24, 2017 at 6pm (China Standard Time) will not be considered.
2. Contestants that submit more than three photos will not be considered.
3. All images must be taken on a smartphone (iPhone, Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, Nokia, etc. – take your pick).
4. Each image must be your own original work that has never been published elsewhere.
5. Be aware that winning photos will be featured in the May issue of That’s PRD, so please avoid submitting personally or politically sensitive content.
6. For all categories (with the exception of the China travel category), images must be taken in Guangdong province, Macau and/or Hong Kong. Photos submitted for the China travel category must be taken within Greater China.
7. Photos must be taken between February 17, 2017 and the contest deadline, for the following categories: Food porn, Sports, People, Architecture and Local travel. Submissions for the China travel category must have been captured after December 31, 2016.
8. All photos will be judged on the following: clarity, image subject and composition.
And remember folks: try not to go overboard on the ol’ Instagram filters… it’s obvious, and we’ll know.
Questions? Please send your inquiries to email@example.com. For inspiration, be sure to follow our official Instagram account.