Have a passion for photographing every plate of food in front of you? Is your Instagram feed littered with artsy photos of exotic destinations? Is your smartphone camera the lens through which you see the world? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then prepare to start snapping!
The team at That’s PRD is excited to announce our first-ever Smartphone Photography Contest.
After a successful writing competition last year, we have decided to turn our attention to the region’s army of mobile phone photography enthusiasts and offer our readers a chance to have their images featured in our magazine, WeChat account and Instagram, as well as exhibited in-person at our 2017 Smartphone Photography Awards in April.
We encourage all creative PRD residents to submit your best mobile phone photographs (maximum three per person) to email@example.com with the subject: Smartphone Photography Contest 2017.
Winners will be announced at our 2017 Smartphone Photography Awards Ceremony in April and published in our May issue of That’s PRD. Prizes include hotel stays, buffet vouchers and more!
The deadline for all submissions is Friday March 24, 2017 at 6pm (China Standard Time). Finalists will be notified soon after and invited to attend the awards ceremony in mid-April. Stay tuned for more details!
1. Email your best photos (up to three) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Smartphone Photography Contest 2017’ before Friday March 24, 2017 at 6pm (China Standard Time).
2. Tell us your name, cell phone number and city of residence (must be in Guangdong province).
3. Tell us which category you would like each of your photos to be entered in.
Rules & Specifications:
1. Submissions made after Friday March 24, 2017 at 6pm (China Standard Time) will not be considered.
2. Contestants that submit more than three photos will not be considered.
3. All images must be taken on a smart phone (iPhone, Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, Nokia, etc. – take your pick).
4. Each image must be your own original work that has never been published elsewhere.
5. Be aware that winning photos will be featured in the May issue of That’s PRD, so please avoid submitting personally or politically sensitive content.
6. For all categories (with the exception of the China travel category), images must be taken in Guangdong province, Macau and/or Hong Kong. Photos submitted for the China travel category must be taken within Greater China.
7. Photos must be taken between February 17, 2017 and the contest deadline, for the following categories: Food porn, Sports, People, Nature, Architecture and Local travel. Submissions for the China travel category must have been captured after December 31, 2016.
8. All photos will be judged on the following: clarity, image subject and composition.
And remember folks: try not to go too overboard on the ol’ Instagram filters… it’s obvious – and we’ll know.
Questions? Please send your inquiries to email@example.com. For inspiration, be sure to follow our official Instagram account.