Are you an organizer, local business owner or socialite who wants to spread news of a rad get-together as widely as possible? Look no further than the Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Tianjin and Suzhou Events Calendars on our website and App.
Adding an event to our user-powered events calendar is free of charge. We list all upcoming public events, exhibitions, promotions and deals.
Our instructions are followed by a helpful bilingual graphic and a couple key FAQs.
How to Upload Events from Thatsmags.com
1. Visit our website (https://www.thatsmags.com).
2. Once you're on our site, click 'Sign Up' in the top right-hand corner to register your own Thatsmags.com account. Alternatively, click here.
3. Fill in essential account information details, like email and phone number, and register.
4. After you're logged in, click on the 'Welcome [your name here]' in the top right hand corner to access the Thatsmags.com User Center. Alternatively, click here.
5. From the User Center, select 'Add an Event.' Make sure the venue where the event takes place is already in our Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Tianjin or Suzhou listings — you'll be required to add it in the "Venue/where?" section.
If the venue is not in our directory, head back to the User Center and select 'Add a Venue' to add a new location (restaurant, bar, etc.) into our system.
6. Fill in the asterisked fields. The more information you can supply, the better.
8. Don't forget to include your contact information! Then hit 'Submit' at the very bottom.
Once you submit your event, it will generally take around three working days to get it approved and listed on our website and app.*
* We have the right to monitor submissions, and submitting your event does not guarantee that it will be posted. As such, we reserve the right to reject submissions.
Website giving you trouble? Read on.
FAQ & Troubleshooting
My event will happen Tuesday mornings from 10am-12pm, Thursday afternoons from 2.15-3pm, Friday nights from 7.30-9.30pm, etc. How do I fit all that information into one post?
If your event takes place over multiple days, you have the option of choosing 'Every Month,' 'Every Week' or 'Every Day' in the 'Which Days?' field.
Each option will give you a range of dates so that you can customize the running time of your event.
In the example above, you could choose 'Every Week' from dropdown list. Then check 'Tuesday,' 'Thursday,' and 'Friday,' and make sure you input the correct start and end dates.
If your event runs at different times on different days, in the 'Starting Time' field you can enter a range of intervals, separated by semicolons. For example: "Tues 10am-12pm; Thurs 2.15-3pm."
Why can't I upload my photos into this event post?
If your photo is over 500 KB, you'll need to resize it (see above for helpful links). We suggest 350 KB a picture so that people won't have to use up too much data on their phones to view them, but you do you.
Why can't I select a venue?
You'll need to make sure the venue where the event takes place is already listed in our directory. Search the Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou and Shenzhen to see if the venue is listed. If it's not, go to the User Center and select 'Add a Venue' to add a new location into our database.
I already submitted my event. Why don't I see it online yet?
Our editorial team reviews all event submissions before they go up online. Once you submit your event, it will generally take around three working days to get it approved and listed on our website and app. As soon as your event has been approved, you will receive an email notification informing you that it has been published.
That's holds the right to monitor submissions, and posting your event does not guarantee that it will be published. As such, we may reject submissions.
Don't see your question answered here? You can always contact us if you encounter any problems.