For many in the West, 2016 will be remembered for Trump, Brexit, terrorism in Europe and an absurd number of pop culture deaths, from Bowie to Muhammad Ali. By comparison, China had an unusually quiet year. Nonetheless, there were still a few goings-on in the world's most populous country.
In our 2016 Year in Review series, we recap the best (and worst) of China's year in the worlds of technology, social media, sport, fashion, food, arts and more.
Though the world wasn't quite ready to welcome its robot overlords in 2016, it was still a big year for the circuit-y creatures in 2016. Here's a look back at some Chinese robots that made the headlines this year. Wall-E ain't got nothin' on these guys.
Upvote your favorites to help them move to the top of the rankings!
• 10 of the Best Chinese Inventions of 2016
• Shenzhen Airport Now Has Singing, Dancing Robots
• Pizza Hut's First Robot Restaurant Opening in Shanghai
• No, Robots Are Not Attacking People in Shenzhen
• PHOTOS: Beijing Farmer Debuts His 63 Robot 'Children'
• Creepy Humanoid Robots Stun at Beijing's World Robot Conference
• PHOTOS: Robots and Giant Drones at Shenzhen Tech Expo
• KFC Opens Fancy Robot-Run Restaurant in Shanghai
• Robot Waiters in Guangzhou Fired for Being 'Clumsy'
• WATCH: 540 Robots Dance in Perfect Sync at CNY Gala
Did we miss any robots of note in our list? Let us know in the comments.
For more 2016 Year in Review coverage, click here.