Calling all aspiring editors, writers, journalists and bloggers.
Fancy getting hands-on editorial and writing experience with a glamorous
English-language media company internship? We at That’s Beijing and That's Tianjin are looking for interns with an interest in journalism and
new media to work alongside our dedicated and dynamic team for Summer 2019.
We cover a wide variety of topics, including: News, Bars & Nightlife, Arts & Entertainment,
Events, Lifestyle, Fashion, Culture, Sports, Music, Business,
Environment, Technology and much more!
We're looking for enthusiastic candidates with excellent writing and reporting skills and an eye for details. Candidate can be based in Beijing or Tianjin.
• Basic writing and reporting experience
• Excellent English-writing skills, with a strong grasp of spelling, grammar, punctuation and style
• Experience in maintaining and creating content for a blog or website
• Experience with or interest in learning how to work with common Content Management Systems (i.e. Wordpress, Tumblr, Drupal, etc)
• Experience with or interest in learning HTML basics
• Experience with or interest in learning how to work with common social media platforms (i.e Facebook, Twitter, WeChat, Instagram, Weibo, etc)
• Experience with or interest in learning how to work with Adobe Photoshop or other image editing software (i.e. Lightroom, GIMP)
• Organized, detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines
• Proficiency in Mandarin writing, reading and speaking not required, but would be a plus
• Writing, copyediting and fact-checking of content for our websites and print magazines
• Researching and pitching new story ideas
• Conducting interviews and getting in touch with appropriate PR, event and media contacts
• Representing That’s Beijing or That's Tianjin at events
Here are some of the benefits you’ll get from interning with us...
• Gain experience in online, mobile app and print magazine publishing
• Learn more about editorial production, digital content management, social media, photography, graphics and more
• Become more familiar with the news publishing cycle and gain a better understanding of proper editorial judgment for both web and print
• Attend networking, media and PR events
• Build up a portfolio of writing clips under your own byline
Interested in applying?
To apply, send an email with your resume, cover letter and three writing samples to Valerie (email@example.com) with the subject 'Editorial Internship.'
Interns should be available to work at minimum 2 days per week.