It’s back and better than ever! We’re excited to announce the highly-anticipated third edition of our Explore China travel guide.
Vast and varied, China is a unique and beautiful country. It is also one of mystery. Home to a myriad of UNESCO World Heritage Sites, beyond the largest cities and major tourist destinations, little information is available to the traveler in English.
The latest edition of Explore China continues to help change that, offering detailed info on historical sites, scenic nature spots, local delicacies to savor, activities to partake in as well as information on transportation links and recommendations on places to stay.
Produced by our qualified team of well-traveled China-based editors and journalists, we’ve also utilized our network of local experts, including writers, artists, bloggers and travel service providers. They’ve given us some insider’s tips on uncovering some hidden gems that most tourists wouldn’t know about.
As such, Explore China isn’t just about hitting the most popular and hottest tourist spots in town. It is also a guide on how to explore these places through the eyes of experienced travelers and locals. Neither a backpackers’ or luxury guide, Explore China is relevant to everyone, from expats and Chinese people currently living in China, to those visiting from other countries.
The beautiful 340-page perfectly bound book contains:
• Historical and geographical facts and points of significance
• Where to stay, eat and drink, with must-try dishes and local delicacies
• Transportation information, airports, railway and road connections
• Tips on shopping, and local products worth looking out for
• UNESCO World Heritage Sites and sacred mountains
• Informative features to help you understand China
• Fun day trips and destinations to visit from major cities
• China’s ethnic minorities and their culture
• Chinese characters and pinyin to facilitate travel and communication
• Must-have apps, and how to set up a phone and digital payment system
Explore China is split up into six sections...
From the most useful travel apps to learning more about China’s ethnic minorities and cuisines.
The Great White North
Getting lost in Beijing’s Forbidden City and skiing down the snowy slopes of Changbaishan.
East of the Sun
Snacking on xiaolongbao in Shanghai and strolling through Suzhou’s famous classical gardens.
Learning Cantonese on the busy streets of Guangzhou and vacationing in Sanya’s seaside paradise.
The Mountainous Southwest
Climbing peaks in Yunnan province and visiting China’s cutest critters – pandas – in Chengdu.
The Arid West
Shopping your way through Central Asian market towns and indulging in succulent regional cuisine.
Reserve Your Copy Now!
Click here – or scan the QR code below – to purchase the brand new Explore China 2019 right now for the presale price of RMB129 (regular price: RMB229). But hurry, because the presale period ends August 31, 2019!
Book delivery kicked off on August 20, 2019. Look out for your copy in the mail!