Passionate about media? Come work at a growing company that offers opportunities to advance and work alongside an accomplished, dynamic team!
HK Focus Media (Urbanatomy Media) is a multi-media company based in top-tier cities across China, with a comprehensive portfolio of products from print magazines, city and national websites, mobile and tablet apps, strong social media presence, as well as regular supplements.
Our publications, That's Magazines and Urban Family, cover a wide variety of topics in Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Tianjin, Suzhou and Greater China, including: News, Restaurants & Dining, Bars & Nightlife, Arts & Entertainment, Events, Lifestyle, Families & Kids, Fashion, Culture, Sports, Music, Business, Environment, Technology and much more.
Deeply connected with the local market and culture, we have been in business in China for over 20 years. With a vibrant mix of local and international staff, we are focused on delivering quality lifestyle content across a variety of different platforms.
We're looking for an enthusiastic candidate to fill the following position...
Bilingual Family Editor (Shanghai)
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated editor with experience in media and strong understanding of digital/social platforms to join our team in Shanghai.
Urban Family and its corresponding digital platforms operate under HK Focus Media. After two decades of steady development in the English-language media industry, the group is entering the bilingual new media market and strives to build a comprehensive, multi-product, high-end family-oriented online platform.
The Bilingual Family Editor will be responsible for overseeing the bilingual multi-media family content for Urban Family Shanghai. The role requires creativity, strong attention to detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Work closely with the marketing and new media product departments to determine the content framework of the Chinese-language website, formulate the editorial schedule and ensure a timely product launch
• Prepare weekly content plans for each platform and update them regularly
• Collaborate with the English editorial team on bilingual content and product design style
• Cooperate with the commercial team to complete customized content for clients
• Coordinate the frequency of Chinese content updates, schedule interviews and prepare travel arrangements
• Actively participate in various family activities to assist marketing department in promoting company products
• Seek to cooperate with other popular platforms to expand Urban Family's audience
• Bachelor's degree or above, with a degree in journalism preferred
• More than three years of relevant work experience in Chinese writing and editing
• Bilingual communication skills and the ability to adapt to a bilingual working environment
• Familiarity with family, parent and child market trends and new media product operation, with connections in the new media industry or family market a plus
• Excellent communication skills and team spirit
Interested in applying?
To apply, send an email with your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject 'Bilingual Family Editor.'