Have a fascinating travel story, badass poem or erotic tale that you're burning to share? Looking to get published in China’s leading English magazine? Then sharpen those pencils, dear readers – it’s YOUR time to write.
We’re stoked to announce the Spring 2019 That’s PRD Writing Contest is now officially underway!
We welcome all creative residents of the PRD to submit their best piece of writing (maximum 600 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Writing Contest.’
Winners will be announced and published in the July 2019 issue of That's PRD. Additional prizes include booze, buffet and restaurant vouchers and more.
The deadline for all submissions is Wednesday May 15, 2019 at 6pm (China Standard Time). Finalists will be notified soon after and invited to attend a reading event and party in early June in Guangzhou. Stay tuned for more details!
We look forward to reading your submissions! If you need inspiration, check out some of the winning prose from our Spring 2016 That’s PRD Writing Contest and Spring 2018 That’s PRD Writing Contest. Please see below for all contest guidelines.
1. Email your best writing piece (600 words or fewer) to email@example.com with the subject ‘Writing Contest’ by or before Wednesday May 15, 2019 at 6pm (China Standard Time).
2. Tell us your name, occupation, cell phone number and city of residence (must be in Guangdong province).
3. Tell us what genre best describes your work. For example – travel piece, poetry, erotic fiction, etc.
4. Submit an original photo or drawing that complements your work (optional but suggested).
Rules & Specifications:
1. Submissions made after Wednesday May 15, 2019 at 6pm (China Standard Time) will not be considered.
2. Only one writing piece will be accepted per applicant. We will consider the first piece you send.
3. Writing pieces that exceed 600 words will not be considered.
4. Each piece must be your own original work that has never been published elsewhere.
5. Be aware that winning pieces will be featured in the July issue of That’s PRD, so please avoid submitting personally or politically sensitive content.
6. Winning pieces may be edited before publication in order to adhere to the That’s PRD style guide.
7. While work of all genres and styles will be considered, suggested categories include: erotic fiction, poetry, travel writing and short stories, both fiction and nonfiction.
8. All submitted pieces are confidential. That’s PRD will not share the content of submitted works without approval from the author.
Questions? Please send your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
[Cover image via NewsLocker]