Moving to a new country and adjusting to the cuisine and customs is difficult for anyone. Moving to a new country and suddenly seeing people wearing shirts that say things like "I am a whore"... well, nobody ever warns you about that, do they?
A photographer living in Shanghai certainly wasn't expecting that particular kind of culture shock, so he took to Bored Panda after creating the @ShanghaiObserved Instagram to document all the "ridiculous things" he saw in China. (For more, check out our interview with the person behind the account).
These shirts definitely make a statement, but it's safe to say that the Chinese fashionistas wearing them probably don't know just what kind of a statement they're making.
1. It's actually a cute outfit though...
2. This little girl was probably the star of her class picture.
3. Something tells us he knows exactly what that shirt says.
4. Even the fish behind him are shocked.
5. This guy's grocery shopping trip took a weird turn.
6. Always good to have perspective.
7. The hard truth.
8. Okay, it's not a t-shirt, but:
9. No lies detected.
11. But it's whats on the outside that matters.
12. The best kind of style.
14. Don't we all?
15. Perfect for the playground!
16. We're loving Nike's bold new direction...
17. Special Announcement:
18. He wears his emotions on his sleeves.
19. No shame.
20. We're sensing a theme here...
Yes, it's also not a t-shirt.
[All images used with permission of @ShanghaiObserved on Instagram]
For more, read our interview with the photographer behind @ShanghaiObserved.