We’re looking for a full-time National Arts Editor to join our team. Based in Shanghai, the Arts Editor position will cover the company's city publications in Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Suzhou and Tianjin, along with its website www.thatsmags.com and App, as well as assisting with Urban Family and other Urbanatomy Media print and digital products.
The Arts Editor will report directly to the Chief Editor in Shanghai, and work closely with the Chief Editors in other cities.
• To oversee, report and write the Arts section in Shanghai (theater, music, film, art, books, DVDs, TV, comedy)
• To coordinate Arts shared content with both Beijing and PRD and oversee design layout of the articles in each edition
• Manage Shanghai events section, coordinating and compiling all events from other editors and being responsible for the final edit and layout, as well as producing weekly online event guides.
• Manage arts listings (in print and online)
• To upload and coordinate all Arts content for the That's App and Thatsmags.com
• Work with editorial departments as a team member, contributing to cover stories, proofing and everything in between necessary to put out a great products
• To liaise with the sales teams across the country regarding requests and support
• To assist with the copyediting of other sections of the magazine as required
• To produce additional features (cover stories, travel, business, art, etc.) for Urbanatomy Media, as called upon
• To help proofread That's Shanghai, That's Beijing and That's PRD as required and assist with design layout in the final days of production
• To represent the company at client meetings, press conferences, PR events or other functions as required
• Native English speaker with excellent writing skills
• At least two years of professional working experience in journalism or a related field
• Knowledge and passion in arts and music
• Candidates who have spent some time in Shanghai or China, and those who are well-connected in the local arts and music scene are preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher
Interested in applying?
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter, along with three recent writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.